Friday, December 30, 2011

Ups and Downs

Well, I'm a mom. On December 12, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl we named Isabel Grace. Labor was less than ideal - she was turned sideways and wouldn't come out. One push with forceps later, she was finally out. 



She is such a funny, silly, demanding little one. I love my time with her, getting to know her and figuring out this whole parent thing with Jacob. He is becoming a wonderful father and has really taken to doting on Isabel. He's so good with her and such a great help to me. I can't imagine doing this alone and knowing I have his total support is such a God send. 


But there are hard parts I didn't think of before I had Izzy. I knew our lives would change once she arrived. Then I actually felt the change and it hit me with such force, I was so sad. Gone are the days of lazing about together on the sofa, snuggling in the mornings, going out to see a movie just because. Everything has to be planned out. Every moment someone needs something from one or both of us. We will never be able to just go out at a moments notice. Breastfeeding Isabel means she needs me with her at all times for all things, until we can get her on bottles of my milk. I'm ready to go out but I just can't leave Isabel without any food. It's definitely the hardest part so far.


We're working together and we'll get there. As long as I have Jacob, we can do it. In the meantime, I'm just gonna enjoy this little girl and the time that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment