Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas has come

There is no tree in our apartment. It's quite roomy for two adults and a medium size dog but for all the living room furniture, and doggie beds (yes the dog has multiple beds. He's a bit spoiled but we'll get to that bit later), and extra chairs AND a tree? Not roomy enough.  

I love Christmas. I would decorate every last inch of my home with red and green if I could afford to do so and if it wouldn't constitute a fire hazard of some sort because obviously that amount of tinsel and greenery is a three alarm fire waiting to happen. To be without a tree is a blow. I've tried to resign myself to loving the garland and lights on the mantle but damn, there is no tree! 

Marriage is wonderful. I have to say, there isn't anything much different from when we were engaged or even when we were dating. So being with Jacob is wonderful. He's sweet and caring and is trying really hard to be a good husband but honestly, he doesn't have to try too hard. He's already so good to me; that's part of why I love him. 

Our next big step is either a kid or a house. I am ready to start having kids but Jacob is not there yet. He's made great steps. He used to be scared of kids and want nothing to do to them. Luckily, with my nanny job putting me close to two great kids, he's gotten some experience. Even so, it seems like all of a sudden he's looking at toddlers and waving to kids, telling me about the cute baby that was in his office the other day. He's there, he just doesn't know he's there yet. I won't push. We'll get there together. For now, we are content to be a family of three - two humans, one canine - living our little life in the apartment we chose together. 

In two days we leave for family Christmas in Kansas. Adventures abound I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment