Tuesday, March 29, 2011
My main man...er, dog
This is my dog, Charlie. He is sweet, crazy, a lot to handle, and he has a big ole piece of my heart. But right now, he is fat. It's not his fault really. He loves to eat and I love to feed him. I also love to sit at home and veg on the sofa while he naps in his dog bed as opposed to walking him in the park or around the block.
The thing is, whenever he sees a dog or a cat or a bunny, he freaks out. He tugs at the leash, he barks, sometimes his hair on his back will raise up. He is inconsolable until the dog is out of sight and even then, he continues to tug and seek out the other animal. It isn't aggressive, just frantic and anxious. So I've been really lax on the exercise because there are times when I just can't handle him.
But it won't get better if we avoid the problem and really, he's more than a little tubby. So tomorrow it begins. We live right around the corner from a pretty awesome nature preserve. I'm taking him hiking in the mornings, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (weather permitting) and we're gonna get fit, have a good time, and get out in the world. I owe it to him to try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment