Monday, March 21, 2011

Time Apart

How fitting that after I post about how much Jacob and I enjoy being together, our work schedules take us apart for weeks.


Last week my work family took a trip to Crested Butte for spring break. They also took me with them. I went back and forth whether I would actually go on this trip with them but ultimately, couldn't think of a real reason I wouldn't go other than I want to spend the time with my husband. So I went.


The first few days of the trip were really hard. It was a last minute trip to begin with but nothing was planned out so we had to do some scrambling and the parents really didn't deal with it well. Things were tense and awkward and I wished I had stayed home. Then I realized Jacob's work schedule would take him out of town for the two work weeks after I got back and I couldn't believe I was in Crested Butte skiing (which I don't even enjoy that much) when I could be at home with my boys. 


So here I am, home alone on the first day of Jacob's work trip to Longview, wishing we could be together and dreading the rest of the week without him. You can't always get what you want I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment