Isabel Grace is five months old today. I am loving her more and more every day but I have to be honest, every day isn't a Hallmark hugs and snuggles kind of day. It's hard, really hard. But it is definitely getting easier. She's got more personality and wants more independence, though doesn't have the ability to get it just yet.
Jacob has been going out of town a lot for work. That's the hardest part - being alone in this when I thought I would have a partner to go through it together. I didn't sign on to be a single parent. But we make it work. The worst part is that we get along well when he isn't here so that when he is here, it's a big adjustment for all of us to include him in the routine. It shouldn't be like that. Hopefully the travel will slow down so he can join this family we made. He says he wants to help so maybe soon he will get the chance to do so.
We're doing ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment