Isabel is 20 months now. She's a darling creature - silly and serious, independent and needy, feisty and calm. All things from one moment to the other. She started montessori school last week and I hope it's going well but honestly, I have no idea. She hates being dropped off and I imagine it's quite a change from being with her mom almost every day to being in a room with a bunch of other little people and two strange ladies who tell her what to do every day. She needs time to adjust and I suppose, we both do.
I miss her when she's at school, more so than when she's at her grandmother's house. I don't know what she's doing. I don't know how she's eating or what or if they're helping her eat. I miss her chatter from the backseat while I drive. I miss her sweet snuggles and seeing her crazy hair when she wakes from her nap.
Part of the reason she's in school now is that my work schedule is changing. But the big reason she's in school is because in January, I'll be having another little girl to add to the family. It's so strange - I absolutely hated being pregnant the first time. I was miserable and bloated all the time. I think because I don't plan on having any other children, I'm really taking the time to appreciate this pregnancy. I'm paying attention to everything and this time, everything is so different anyway. I'm definitely not as puffy and bloated as I was the first time - still wearing my wedding rings and shoes like normal!
So that's a brief update on where I'm at. Hoping that since I don't have the toddler with me I can write a bit more. More often than every few months anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment