Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall! Rejoice!

It's my favorite season. Gosh I love fall.

Isabel is finally adjusted to school. It definitely took longer than I wanted or expected but she is a strong one and eventually, we got to the point where there were no tears. She walks into the school and classroom on her own, immediately joins in with whatever the class is doing, and greets me with a smile when I come to pick her up. Even her teachers tell me that she is happy and playing and talking all the time. I think it's been good for her. She comes home now and sings a bunch of songs I know I didn't teach her, even mentions some I don't know (what is "my little turtle"?!?).

Baby 2 is growing like crazy, kicking and punching my side all through the days and nights. I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to not be pregnant any more. I feel so big and I still have a ways to go. But enough woe is me stuff, this pregnancy thus far is easy and we are both healthy so I can't ask for anything more.

I'm trying to enjoy the days I have with Isabel; I know soon our worlds will change forever and my focus and attention will be divided. I think that's the part I'm most worried about. I feel like I have the whole "taking care of a newborn" think down, I remember breastfeeding and am confident I can get back in the swing of things. But Isabel won't have all of me. There will be times when I just won't be able to tend to her. It will be hard on both of us. Hopefully this new little one will take to a bottle, like Isabel never did, and I can make time for just me and my first.

The other problem with baby 2 is that we have to name her eventually. It feels like Jacob and I will never come to a consensus on what her name should be. If only we were having a boy, we already had that name picked out and ready. Some day, sooner rather than later, we WILL name this child. I just hope it happens before she comes out into the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment